Birth Doula Services
As your birth doula, I am trained and experienced in providing emotional, physical, and educational support as you prepare and experience labor and birth. I help you find your courage to trust your body and instincts, as well as reassure and help you understand what is normal during childbirth. I specialize in supporting women during natural childbirth, but no matter how you birth (ie. medicated or cesarean), I am able to provide compassionate and unbiased support. I respect your birth wishes and I empower you to make informed decisions. If medical procedures arise, I can help explain them. The continuous labor support I provide ensures that you feel safe and supported, which is essential in allowing for birth to progress naturally. During the challenging parts of your labor, I will be with you to help you cope.
Birth Doula Services: $700
- Includes 2 prenatal visit (in person or virtual) to discuss your pregnancy, concerns, and your birth plans. I answer your questions with evidence-based information and help you feel confident in being an active participant in your medical care.
- 24-hour on-call availability two weeks before your due date until delivery.
- Continuous labor support, which may include: Assisting in labor Positions, use of rebozo techniques and birth ball, implementing various comfort measures, massage, reassurance and emotional support. I make sure your physical needs are tended to and help your partner know how they can best support you during labor.
- Support during the first 1-2 hours after the birth and help with initial breastfeeding if necessary.
- 1 postpartum visit at 2 weeks after the birth to discuss any concerns you may have and process your birth experience.
Note – I do not perform any medical tasks such as checking blood pressure, cervical checks, or fetal heart checks.
Postpartum Doula Services
My overarching goal as a postpartum doula is to help the mother transition into her new role as a mother, heal from birth, and learn and gain confidence in newborn care.
The benefits of postpartum doula care are supported by research and continue the human tradition of supporting women after birth. By providing emotional, physical and informational support, the doula optimizes the health of the mother and infant, enhances breastfeeding success, parent-infant bonding, lower rates of postpartum mood disorders, and contributes to a more positive postpartum experience for the family.
Services may include:
- Emotional support for mother, partner and family
- Listen to your birth story to help you process that event
- Help and education regrading basic newborn care
- Help with soothing baby and sleep strategies
- Assistance with swaddling and diapering (I have cloth diapering experience as well)
- Help with babywearing
- Basic breastfeeding support
- Pumping and bottle feeding education and support
- Care for siblings
- Care for multiples
- Light housekeeping, such as laundry or dishes
- Meal planning and basic food preparation
- Running errands
- Text and call support during daytime hours
- Provide resources and referrals to assist the family’s needs
Note – I do not diagnose, nor do I perform any medical tasks such as administering medication. I do not drive anyone.
Postpartum packages and fees:
In-person postpartum support is $25/hour. You can purchase the following packages to secure your spot, desired hours, and my availability for you. Or you can pay per hour a la carte, though I cannot guarantee I will have availability as priority booking is given to those who purchase packages.
Virtual Doula Services
Doula support from virtually anywhere
Virtual Birth Support
As your birth doula, I am trained and experienced in providing emotional and educational support as you prepare and experience labor and birth. I help you find your courage to trust your body and instincts, as well as reassure and help you understand what is normal during childbirth. I specialize in supporting women during natural childbirth, but no matter how you birth (ie. medicated or cesarean), I am able to provide compassionate and unbiased support. I respect your birth wishes and I empower you to make informed decisions. During labor I can coach you through breathing, meditation, labor positions and other coping strategies. If medical procedures arise, I can help explain them. The labor support I provide ensures that you feel safe and supported, which is essential in allowing for birth to progress naturally. During the challenging parts of your labor, I will be available to help you cope.
“I loved getting to work with Chelsy through my first birth. She provided me with amazing virtual support and services. She helped me prepare for postpartum, mentally prepare for birth and she even guided me through the birthing experience! The resources she provided helped me have trust in my body.– Michaelah W.
She was able to provide suggestions for helping my labour move along-it was exactly what I needed. She is very knowledgeable and passionate about what she does. It was an incredible experience.”
Virtual Birth Doula Services: $300
- Includes 2 prenatal visits (in-person or virtual)
- Virtual video support during labor
- One, 30-minute postpartum visit at 2-weeks postpartum
In these video sessions you can process your birth experience, receive one-on-one emotional support, and get help with newborn feeding questions (breastfeeding, helping with latch, pumping, bottle feeding, etc.). I can also help you get set up with community resources, explain newborn care, behavior and development, discuss family sleep strategies, help your partner or support people learn how to best support you, help you with sibling support strategies, etc.
Basic Virtual Postpartum Support: $100
- Two, 30-minute video sessions
- Unlimited texting support from 8am to 8pm
- Use within the first week postpartum
Total Virtual Postpartum Support: $250
- Six, 30-minute video sessions
- Unlimited texting support from 8am to 8pm
- Use within the first three weeks postpartum
Preparing for Postpartum – Virtual sessions
One-on-one personalized support and resources tailored to your specific questions and needs. Each session lasts 1-hour. Typed notes of our conversations and links to resources will be provided
Topics may include breastfeeding education, creating your circle of support, meal planning and nutrition, sleep strategies for mom and baby, mental health, newborn care, preparing children for the birth of their new sibling, etc.
Preparing for Postpartum sessions are intended to be completed before your baby is born.
Coming soon to Yreka, CA and Siskiyou County… Fall 2022.
Travel fee may apply if located outside a 20-mile radius.